Family Wellness Tips
Keeping your family healthy involves healthy food choices, daily exercise and preventative healthcare.
These tips involve keeping your child and family healthy through actively taking steps to prevent illness, fight disease and monitor your health.
Here is a list of our tips that
List of Family Wellness Tips
- All children age 3 and older need yearly blood pressure measurements.
- Teach your child how to find their heart rate.
- Teach your children that they need to wash their hands for 20 seconds. Have kids lather up with soap to kill bacteria.
- To avoid muscle injury, teach your kids to stretch their muscles.
- Have your child hum the entire alphabet song while brushing to get clean teeth.
- Doctors recommend a full 7 or 8 hours a night. Kids need more sleep because they are growing.
- Apply sunscreen on your child daily.
- Make sure to slice grapes for children under 4 to avoid choking hazards.
- Schedule your child for bi-annual dental appointments to keep their teeth healthy.
- Wash cuts with soap and water and place bandages on them right away.
- Good dental care starts early.
- Consider a rolling backpack for kids. This type of backpack may be a good
choice for students who must tote a heavy load.
- Peanuts, whole grapes, popcorn, hot dogs, candy, carrots, and sunflower seeds can be chocking hazards for young children.
- Always use both shoulder straps. Slinging a backpack over one
shoulder can strain muscles.
- Teach children to pack their backpack light. Organize the backpack to use all of its compartments.
- The backpack should never weigh more then 10 to 20 percent of the
your child’s body weight.
- Pack heavier items in your child's backpack closest to the center of the back.
- Choose a backpack with wide, padded shoulder straps and a padded
- Keep an eye on cholesterol by reading the food labels.
- Test every detector in your home to keep them functioning and charaged.
- While at the pediatricians office, make sure to discuss body mass index BMI.
- To prevent choking accidents, do not allow children to play or run while eating.
- Flu season is here: Remind kids to wash their hands for 20 seconds.