Cheesy Zucchini Black Bean Skillet
Fiber, vitamins, nutrients galore! Not to mention super easy to make…this dish should be called Ch-EASY.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup vegetable stock*
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese (or any good melting cheese)
Together: Prep ingredients
Adults: Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Together: Add zucchini, garlic, crushed red pepper and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add beans and undrained tomatoes (adding a little vegetable stock here is optional, see note).
Adults: Increase the heat to medium high and add the cooked rice. Stir well. Cover; remove from heat and let stand 7 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Kids: Sprinkle with cheese.
Together: Replace the lid until the cheese is melted.
Serve and enjoy
Thank you to our friends at The Monday Campaign for allowing Nourish Interactive to share these kid-friendly recipes.
The Monday Campaign
About this Recipe
- Serves: 1
- Prep Time: 0 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Flag This Item