Family Nutrition Tips- Healthy snacks for that half time treat!
Posted on Nov 03, 2008 by Maggie LaBarbera
It is your turn to bring in the snacks for the your child's sport team. You want to be the fun mom and bring treats that the kids will love. But that doesn't mean it has to be high sugar drinks and sweet treats for the little athletes to love it.
Talk with the other parents. Chances are they are looking for better options as well. Healthy moms and dads have got to band together.
Here are some tasty and healthy snacks.
- fruit: frozen kebobs are a tasty treat
- frozen fruit juice bars made from real fruit
- popcorn, non buttered served in individual happy face bags (you remember, paper bag with the face drawn on it!)
- beef jerky
- low fat muffins
- granola bars (look for the ones higher in fiber)
- trail mix with unsweetened fruits (no candy)
- corn nuts
As for drinks. Water is the best drink you can give those little athletes. Keep em active and healthy with treats that pack the punch in nutrition!