Traveling Safely to and from School (School Bus)
- Teach children to always remain in clear view of the bus driver.
- Teach children to sit and not move around on the school bus.
- Teach children to always check to see that no other traffic is coming before crossing the street.
- Wait for the bus to stop before approaching it from the curb.
- Children should always board and exit the bus at locations that provide safe access to the
bus or to the school building.
- If your child’s school bus has lap/shoulder seat belts, make sure your child uses one at all
times when in the bus. If your child’s school bus does not have lap/shoulder belts,
encourage the school to buy or lease buses with lap/shoulder belts.