Fun Activities Ideas
Chef Solus 25 indoor activities
Setting Screen Limits with our fun TV time tracker and pledge sheets
Family Dinner Time Conversation Cards
Turning off the TV is not so hard if you have alternative activities for children to do.
To raise and active and healthy child, it is recommended that you limit screen time to 2 hours or less.
Here is a list of our alternative activities
promote family time
promote the fun of being active
offer ideas for indoor and outdoor activities
List of Fun Activities For Children To Do When You Turn Off The TV
- Take an outing to a local farmers market to teach kids about where their food comes from. See what fruits and vegetables are in season.
- Gear up the bikes and map out a nice trail ride that emphasizes the beautiful outdoors.
- Get laced up with sneakers and play classic favorites such soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, football, volleyball or even Frisbee.
- Invite the neighborhood kids to play in an organized game or set up a family night with all the kids and adults.
- Go exploring outside in the backyard or nearest state park. Strike an interest by picking up some library books on nature topics to learn more about plants, insects, and birds.
- Play a word game and keep your family's mind sharp! Try and have kids name a fruit or vegetable that begins with each letter of the word Christmas?
- Some of the best gifts are free. Make a special gift of your time for a loved one. Just print the Gift of Time coupons and fill in a special activity!
- Dance to music
- Talk around the table and share memories
- Help bake a favorite dish
- Play Nerf Ball
- Put together race car tracks & race your cars
- Do puzzles or build with blocks, Legos or Lincoln Logs
- Play board games or play cards
- Make a scrapbook of your favorite memories
- Put on a play
- Play with puppets
- Make up a new family game
- Go for a family walk
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Water the garden
- Play Charades
- Learn a magic trick
- Decorate your room
- Sing songs
- Make A Campsite In Your Backyard
- Run like a gorilla.
- Play Tag Or Marco Polo
- Play Catch With A Baseball
- Play With Your Pets
- Build A Fort
- Go To The Batting Cage
- Play Miniature Golf
- Climb A Pole
- Rollerskate Or Rollerblade
- Play Dodgeball
- Start a new hobby
- Clean out your closet and donate the extra stuff
- Play with your favorite toys
- Plant seeds in paper cups
- Jump rope
- Throw a Frisbee
- Fly a kite
- Enjoy a playground at a school or a park
- Wheel barrel races
- Go To The Park
- Practice Your Cartwheels
- Play tag
- Go bowling
- Play volleyball
- Ride Your Bike
- Kick A Soccer Ball
- Write a letter to our troops
- Play Hopscotch
- Batting cages
- Cut and paste shapes with construction paper
- Take turns reading a story
- Make shapes with playdough
- Color pictures
- Finger paint a picture
- Learn a musical instrument