Turkey-Potato Dinner Wraps
If requiring a gluten-free recipe, check the label of the indicated (*) recipe ingredients to ensure they are gluten-free.
- Tomato Sauce 1 can (8 ounces)
- Sour Cream, Reduced Fat, (optional)
- Chedder Cheese, shredded 2/3 cup(s)
- Dried Italian herb Seasoning or basil 1 teaspoon(s)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch diced 3/4 pound(s)
- Water 1 tablespoon(s)
- Canola oil 1 tablespoon(s)
- Ground Turkey, 99% fat free 3/4 pound(s)
- Carrots, shredded 1 large
- Whole wheat or high fiber tortillas, 4 large (9-10 inches)
- Green Onions, sliced with tops 1/3 cup(s)
Place potatoes in microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle with water. Cover, venting one corner. Microwave on HIGH 5 to 8 minutes just until potatoes are tender. (Time will depend on wattage of your oven.) Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add and break up turkey; cook 5 minutes, tossing occasionally. Mix in carrot; cook 2 minutes. Add potatoes and onions; cook and toss 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium; mix in tomato sauce, cheese, and herbs. Cook, stirring occasionally, 4 to5 minutes until mixture is hot and most of sauce is absorbed. Season with salt and pepper. On work surface, lay out tortillas. Place _ cup hot turkey mixture on each; fold and roll up as for burritos. Cut in halves and place on serving plates. Accompany with sour cream, if desired
About this Recipe
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Potatoes Goodness Unearthed
Chef Solus Approved!
This recipe was reviewed by our dietitians and has received our Chef Solus Two Thumbs Up Approval!