» Middle School Healthy Kids Recipe Contest and New Nutrition Education Materials for K-8
Middle School Healthy Kids Recipe Contest and New Nutrition Education Materials for K-8
Posted on Oct 19, 2011 by Maggie LaBarbera
We are excited to share some helpful and fun new resources from our partner Healthy Kids Challenge!
Get children engaged in healthy cooking with the Stirring Up Health contest for middle school students featuring the new My Plate, you can enter as an individual or a group. Parents, teachers and after school programs this is great time to get kids cooking up some healthy new recipes! Enter for a chance to win some great prizes.
They have also released a new nutrition education curriculum for school and after-school programs. Balance My Day™ it's a comprehensive nutrition education curriculum that also integrates math, science and language arts.
Here's the details about these exciting healthy activities for children:
"Stirring Up Health™" National Middle School Recipe Contest
We Challenge all 7th and 8th graders, individually or in groups, to "Stir Up Health" with MyPlate!
We’re kicking off of the 10th Annual "Stirring Up Health™" National Middle School Recipe Contest!
· Audience is currently enrolled 7th and 8th graders.
· Entries by individuals or as a group are welcome. Healthy recipe categories and essays are MyPlate based.
· Contest dates run September 1, 2011 - March 2, 2012.
· Winners will be announced March 30, 2012.
The NEW, Grades 6-8 Balance My Day™ Nutrition Education Curriculum is ready to roll!
For more information, entry rules, contest categories, prizes click here
- It is a comprehensive nutrition education curriculum based on CDC’s HECAT (Healthy Education Curriculum Analysis Tool) standards. It also has great ideas to meet the HealthierUS School Challenge.
Move and Learn activities give kids more movement in the day. Taste and Learn lessons help kids develop food skills and are a great resource for an afterschool program.
- As always, HKC training and distance assistance are available.
Learn more about Balance My Day Nutrition Tools